No 1 Invicta Plaza South Bank, LONDON, SE1 9UF, UK
** THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT. THERE WILL BE 100 TICKETS ON THE DOOR **
There are very few people in the world who are true masters of their art; Maceo Plex is, unconditionally, one of those. With an incredible array of sounds emerging from his studio, whether it is under the Plex name or one of his aliases, every note, every drum hit, is perfectly formed to create that indescribable groove that unquestionably identifies a Maceo Plex track.
Speaking of grooves, Maceo’s efforts this summer have grooved the whole of Europe, from curating and building his own eclectic party built from all corners of electronica, Mosaic (which will be coming to London on New Year’s Day), to his 24 hours of sets all over the White Isle, to the future classics being released on his Ellum imprint, everywhere we look we see the master at work, which makes it even more exciting for us to host him for his first show since last New Year’s Day in London.
After hosting John Talabot, Roman Flugel, Kiasmos, Extrawelt and many more at Bankside Vaults for the last Avant Garde eventss, we reckon it’s the ideal immense space for this headliner’s immense talent. The venue has even had an extensive refurbishment; new sound, new visuals, a new room 2 rig…and perhaps even a secret room 3. The old train depot is on the banks of the Thames in central London.
Maceo Plex will be bringing some friends for this show, soon to be announced. Rabota and Troubadour will be representing the Avant Garde regulars, and we’ll also be bringing some friends of our own to the party.
Again, tickets will sell fast, so please buy in advance!
* EVENT INFO **
Again, thank you all for your support; we really appreciate the fact you want to come and dance with us!
- Advance tickets are SOLD OUT. There will be 100 tickets available on the door, please come down early or keep an eye on this page for more info. Price on the door is £35 and it will be cash only.
- Please don't buy tickets from unofficial sources! There are scams going round; If you buy fakes we can't, sadly, let you in. You can sell through RA Tickets resale if you need to and tickets will pop up on the RA page to buy when available.
- The venue address is Bankside Vaults, No. 1 Invicta Plaza, South Bank, London SE1 9UF. Nearest tubes are Southwark and Blackfriars.
- Please arrive early! It's going to be very busy from midnight onwards, with the queue usually 30 mins wait at its peak. Doors open at 2200 with some great acts on straight away (Innervisions in the house!). Help us by having your tickets ready on your phone or printed.
- The bars accept cash and card and free water is available at the arch between Room 1 and Room 2. Cloakroom is available; it's cash only at £2 an item.
- There's aircon in the venue but it does get hot! Please dress appropriately and stay hydrated!
- Smoking area is through the back of the main room, through the back of the psychedelic furry chill-out arch. Yep, that's a thing!
- The night tube is running from Southwark, which is 5 mins away, so plan ahead for your journey home. If you haven't used Uber yet, use the code 'nickb152' for £10 off your trip.
- If you have issues you can drop us a message to the Avant Garde page and we will try our best to help you. Similarly, feedback on the night, good or bad, will help us make our next event even better.
See you all on the dancefloor!
- 0/ #302153
日, 28 7 2019
All Day I Dream - London Grooves
土, 3 8 2019
Eastern Electrics 2019
日, 4 8 2019
ABODE Final Garden Party
土, 10 8 2019
Solid. Grooves - London - Summer Session
土, 10 8 2019
Art's House: A Lovely London Festival with DJ Harvey
日, 11 8 2019
Anjunadeep Open Air London
土, 17 8 2019
elrow Town London 2019
日, 18 8 2019
Peggy Gou presents The Pleasure Gardens