2006 was the year that Jim Rivers catapulted into the limelight with his hit debut single ‘Restore’, which was released on seminal label Saw Recordings. With plaudits coming through thick and fast, there was no time to put his feet up and enjoy the moment - filling up his record box with an arsenal of killer tracks, a new zeal (and passport) following this success, Jim embarked on a worldwide tour, taking him to clubs such as Pacha Buenos Aires, Zouk Singapore, Arma 17 Moscow, and AIR in Tokyo.
Crossing the many bridges between house and techno with relaxed dignity, Jim’s rare mix of educator and entertainer has undoubtedly played a mammoth part in his success and regular callings to explore foreign shores. As a refreshing rebellion against the one-dimensional progressive blueprint that deluged from juvenile producers grasping at stardom, Jim stood out from the crowd; emerging as both a DJ and producer who could inject clubs with warm musicality and ramp up energy levels on the dance floor.
Jim’s firm technical grasp for delivering stunning productions – as highlighted on his own tracks and remixes on sought after labels such as Saved, Simple and Four:Twenty - is coupled with the strong creative ability to coax original sounds out of them. Bursting with soul and character, Jim has also been called upon to remix tracks for Nic Fanciulli, Quivver and Steve Mac amongst many others.
2008 saw the start of an ongoing studio partnership with Paolo Mojo that raised the benchmark, taking Jim’s sound to a bigger and broader canvas. Releasing 2 tracks; 'Darkplace' on Paolo's own Oosh imprint, and the powerful 'Ron Hardy Said', which was signed by Eric Prydz for his techier Mouseville Records. Flooded with melody and washed with driving synthesis; remixes of Milton Jackson & Sei A’s “Glasgow Kiss” and Morgan Page & Gregory Shiff feat. Astrid Suryanto "All I Know" on Bedrock swiftly followed.
2009 has seen Jim develop his sound and status from 'the one to watch' into a more established, young artist, kicking off when Global Underground resurrected their much-adored Nu-Breed series and offering this epic release to Jim. Never one to shy away from a challenge, Jim stepped up to the plate, delivering a world-class mix coupled with a global tour that would leave most DJ’s weeping! The album garnered huge support from Jim’s fan base, industry and the media alike. GU Head Honcho Andy Horsfield stated…
“It’s been a long search, but finally I´ve found a DJ worthy of the nubreed series, welcome aboard Jim Rivers! Jim’s DJing, original productions, and remixing make him stand head and shoulders above the current crop of DJs; he’s a true star.”
Prestigious US booking agency AM Only, who were familiar with Jim’s rising reputation, quickly signed him up and found the offers of US gigs streaming in – soon, Jim was on a big US Tour. Whilst on his travels, Jim hooked up with US Techno kingpin, Erphun to collaborate on 2 new records ‘Limiter’ and 'Back & Forth'. Both will be released later on this year.
Feeling very inspired after his tour, Jim locked himself in his studio for a few months – resulting in a stunning array of fresh new tracks that are being snapped up left, right and centre by the likes of Four: Twenty, Tronic, Dieb Audio and INTEC and remixs from Blufin, Dieb Audio and Four:Twenty.
Whilst working furiously in the studio, Jim found himself exorcising his deeper side, and thought it was time to set free his alter ego… Suelo. Under this imprint Jim will unleash his twisted percussive and deeply coated releases. ‘Never Again’ is Suelo’s debut release on ALiVE Records and has been receiving rave reviews from a deluge of DJs such as Stephan Bodzin, Simon Baker, David Squillace, Laurent Garnier and Josh Wink.
Not one to be pigeon-holed, Jim is one producer that crafts and creates a variety of sounds all out of his little home studio… no studio engineers, or software trickery, just a head full of ideas that inspire him. And with a brand new catalogue of music that spans the length and breadth of house music, be it tribal, techno, minimal or deep – the depth of Jim’s records will do the talking and will really show the real Jim Rivers.
選択されたディスコグラフィ Jim Rivers
• Jim Rivers "Restore EP" - Saw Recordings
• Jim Rivers “Catch 22” – Saved Records
• Jim Rivers "Square Route EP" - EQ Recordings
• Kriece “A Cork in the Ocean” (Jim Rivers Mix) – EQ [Grey]
• Jim Rivers “Blackbox” – GU Music
• Quivver "Dancing in Dark Rooms" (Jim Rivers Mix) – Boz Boz
• Jim Rivers "I Go Deep EP" (I go Deep / For My Need) - Saw Recordings
• Oliver Moldan "Club 69 EP" (Jim Rivers Mixes) - Audio Therapy
• Paolo Mojo & Jim Rivers "Darkplace" - Oosh Records
• Jim Rivers Remix EP - Renaissance
• Jim Rivers "Brassed Off EP" - Misfit Records
• Midnight Express “Luna Park” (Jim Rivers Mix) – Quantized Music
• Audio Therapy Spring/Summer CD - Mixed by Jim Rivers – Audio Therapy
• Jim Rivers “Right Side of Wrong” (Original) – Audio Therapy
• Jim Rivers "Vapour EP" (Vapour / Haze) - Misfit Records
• Kos “Womb” (Jim Rivers Remix) – Familia Recordings
• Jim Rivers "Mirage" (Original / Tobias Remix) – Simple Records
• Jim Rivers “Music Box” (Original / Milton Jackson Remix) – Misfit Records
• Lexicon Avenue “Pursuit” (Jim Rivers Remix) – Forensic
• Lil’ Dirty “Vintage” (Jim Rivers Remix & Jim Rivers Reprise) – We Love Muzik
• Paolo Mojo & Jim Rivers "Ron Hardy Said" (Original / Eric Prydz Remix) – Mouseville
• Jim Rivers “Empathy / Revolver” – Bedrock Records
• Morgan Page & Gregory Shiff feat. Astrid Suryanto “All I Know” (Jim Rivers Remix) - Bedrock
• Tomoki & Nono “Park in the Morning” (Jim Rivers Remix) – King Street
• Oliver Moldan “Pink Mist” (Jim Rivers Remix) – Faith Music
• Milton Jackson & Sei A “Glasgow Kiss” (Jim Rivers Remix) – Urban Torque
• Jim Rivers “Vibrant” (Original/Guy J Remix) – GU Music
• Jim Rivers "Stone" (Original/Henry Saiz Rmx) - GU Music
• Jim Rivers "Forget It EP" (By Any Means/Forget About it) - Four:Twenty
• Nubreed 7 – Compiled & Mixed by Jim Rivers – Global Underground
• Monaque “Butterfly” (Jim Rivers Remix) – Highway Records
• Jim Rivers “Full Tilt” (Original / Whebba Remix) – Tronic Records
• Seulo “Never Again / Overcast” – Alive Records
• Wollion "Largo Embargo" (Jim Rivers Remix) - Blufin
• Steve Mac "Muzika" (Jim Rivers Remix) – SmacK
• Seulo - One Week EP - Four:Twenty
• Jim Rivers “We Can Do it All Night / Uber Rauh” - Intec
• Jim Rivers “7 Days" (Original/Steve Mac Remix) - Renaissance
• Seulo - Cabin Fever / What Not - Four:Twenty
• Jim Rivers & Erphun - Limiter / Back & Forth - Smut
• Spiritcatcher - No Way Out (Jim Rivers Remix) - Systematic
• Lemon Popsicle - Jazzhead (Jim Rivers Remix) - Dieb Audio
• Jim Rivers - Junk - Dieb Audio