This venue has closed.
Once part of the strip of clubs along the northern bank of the River Spree in Berlin's Friedrichshain neighbourhood, Maria was an 8000 square-metre nightclub housed in an old factory. The 1500-capacity space featured several bars and also functioned as a concert venue for bands and an art exhibition hall. The main room was equipped with a significant lighting system and countless disco balls, with a chillout area in the back, while the smaller rooms Josef and Jesus featured less decor, and an outdoor terrace provided a view of the Spree. It reopened in February 2012 under the name Magdalena